+- +-

Benutzer

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Autor Thema: ex-cod producer über f2p  (Gelesen 1539 mal)

Baumstumpf

• Trident Vollmitglied
  • Boardmonster
    • Profil anzeigen
ex-cod producer über f2p
« am: 21. Juni 2013, 14:25:56 »
http://venturebeat.com/2013/06/20/why-former-call-of-duty-alum-robert-bowling-abandoned-free-to-play-for-his-next-game/

über seine neue ios game und warum er von f2p absieht.

Zitat
“We really had to step back and consider what our goal is,” Bowling told GamesBeat. “Is it to build a business, or is it to build a good game?”
“I fell back on my traditional thinking that if you make a good game, you’ll ultimately lead to a good business,” he said.
“It really all came down to gameplay. As we were designing the game, we had to make decisions between gameplay and free-to-play. With the type of experience that we are going for that has a very deep progression and a lot of weapon unlocks, and a lot of gear unlocks — we had to keep making these decisions about whether to scale something back to make it the optimal free-to-play experience.”
Bowling’s team considered making players wait between missions and putting up other in-game barriers with paywalls to help generate revenue. That’s something a lot of gamers hate having to think about when playing the game, and it’s something the Breach & Clear studio didn’t want to think about while making it.0
“None of that [F2P mechanics] benefited the gameplay,” said Bowling. “Coming from my background, I feel that the gameplay always has to be fun, it always has to be addictive, and it always has to keep you wanting to stick with it. As we were making more of those decisions, and hearing what our audience was saying, it was clear that we were building a very premium-style game.”

Benutzer Online

94 Gäste, 0 Mitglieder